- Kume-Dera Buddhist Temple grounds.
- (Walking from the Temple to the Shrine is “Kume-cho”, Kume neighborhood in Kashihara)
- Next is Kashihara Shinto Shrine grounds. The shrine is dedicated to first emperor Jimmu, where he founded Japan.
- The fountain with cups is a ceremonial hand washing station.
- The big placard at Kashihara Shrine depicting the year of the rooster is called an “ema” (the little ones are called this too)
- The pond at Kashihara Shrine is called Fukuda Pond.
- The orange gates are a small Inari Shrine (fox messenger goddess).
- Our neighborhood is called Nishi-Ikejiri-cho.
- The conbini was our neighborhood 7-11.
Please be patient images might take a moment to load.